Saturday 5 May 2018

Art Journal page titled "Bee...the voice of the garden:


This was my latest Art journal page.  In a previous post I had shown some gelli plate printing that I had done for the very first time and this kraft envelope was one of my gelli prints.

I decided I wanted to use that on a page and also wanted to add a counted cross stitch element.  I decided because of the colors in the gelli print that I would cross stitch a bee and honeycomb to use on this page.

I used some Tim Holtz tissue paper, white doily, some honeycomb stenciling on a piece of vellum, a Tim Holtz mixed media die set for the black honey comb element, some cheese cloth, muslin that I had added some distress oxide ink to for color and then stamped with faux stitching.  I attached the fabric pieces together with a safety pin and added to my page with fabric glue.

I hope you enjoy this and possibly find some inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment