Thursday 12 April 2018

Shinhan Professional Water Color Review

I decided to do a review of ShinHan Professional Water Colors.  First of all let me say I am a definite novice, beginner, self-taught watercolorist.  Secondly, I have a very limited budget to spend on my art supplies.

I do scrapbooking, cardmaking, additional crafts such as making wreaths when I need one, fabric crafts, I LOVE doing counted cross stitch and then about 4 years ago, my husband and I took a cruise on the Queen Elizabeth and I took the watercolor class onboard and I was hooked.

In the class you can buy the "kit" they offer if you do not have your own watercolor and watercolor paper.  

I did not have any so I bought the kit which included the tiny Winsor and Newton travel palette of watercolors with the little brush.  It contains 12 basic colors.  I painted for a couple of years using this same palette as I bought a few more on additional cruises.

When I was running low on watercolors, I priced replacing my Winsor and Newton set with the tube paints and was shocked at the prices of all of the name brand paints here in Australia.

Sooooo, long story short, I went to ebay and purchased the ShinHan Professional Watercolor set and have never looked back.  I love them.  My only complaint is all of their browns have a reddish tint.  There is no true Burnt Umber (in my opinion) but I mix it a bit with paynes gray and get a color I am happy with.  I've also purchased a metal palette that holds 39 colors so I have the option of adding a few more colors of other name brands if I choose.

I hope this helps if you are thinking of purchasing this set of watercolors.

No comments:

Post a Comment