Sunday 7 September 2014

Me Re-Vamped Spring Wreath





Hi Everyone, I just wanted to share a project I just recently completed.  This is my old sad, in desperate need of updating summer wreath.  I have been using this wreath as my summer wreath for years and I have been looking at it for a couple of seasons now and thinking how sad it looked.  The ribbon and flowers were faded and had mildew spots on them.  I kept thinking what a shame it was that someone who did "crafty" things actually had such a sad wreath displayed on the wall of their front porch sooooooooo.......






I decided to revamp my old wreath and make myself a pretty spring wreath.  I tore everything off of the old wreath and threw everything away except for the nests and the blackbirds.  I painted the black birds with two coats of gesso.  Let that dry and then painted them with one coat of rose acrylic paint and after that was dry, I painted on a thick layer of white glue and the dusted them with diamond dust.  After using hot glue to attach all of the flowers, ferns, grass, nest, birds and wiring on a bow - Voila!  I had myself a new spring wreath.  I'm very happy with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment