Monday 8 April 2013

Imagine the Possibilities - scrapbook Layout of our beautiful Claire Bear







Hello again, I just wanted to share another scrapbook layout that I just completed of my granddaughter Claire.  In this layout, I wanted it to be mostly white because the photograph of her was so beautiful that I wanted the photo to be the main focus of the page.  I added a pop of black (and a little pink thrown in for good measure).  
The larger flower in the top left corner was made with lace from a Kaisercraft Lace Pack White # EM926.  I used the 1" lace for the outer layer and the inner layer was made with the 1/2" lace.  I ran a running stitch along the straight edges of the lace and gathered it.  I then sewed the edges together with the raw edges to the back.  I added layers of netting in between the lace and at the back of the flower.  I also added tiny strips of the netting that I had brushed with white glue and sprinkled with fine white iridescent glitter just under the button. I added a feather and some pearl sprays to the back.  The center is one of Tim Holtz button accoutrements. 
The medium flower was made from white dotted Swiss fabric from an old blouse.  I cut the flower petals with my Tim Holtz Tattered florals edge die - only using the small flowers and I also added netting between the layers.  The Chrysanthemums were cut with my cuttlebug die.  I also used the leaves from this for the bottom right flower.  All of the elements on the page that glitter were covered in white glue with a paint brush and sprinkled with the Martha Stewart glitter called Crystal fine.
At the top right corner I cut the "Imagine" word on my cricut with the Cricut Alphabet.  The shadow was cut in white and the letters in black.  Beneath the word at the top right is an element cut with the Spellbinders die Grate Works.  The black and white strip down the center was a strip of paper that I cut and then using my EK Success Stampa Ma Jig I stamped down the whole piece with my Tim Holtz Stampers anonymous stamp "Components Stamp" with Black Soot distress ink.  
The pink lace border around the photo is cut from Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles.  Other elements on the page included "I love You" and I don't know the name of the set as it is no longer in the package.  The large dove was from Glitz Stamp set called Pretty in Pink.  The chipboard Sticker was from a pack by "Merci" but has no name.  On the white base cardstock, I added the image from a stencil from The Crafter's Workshop #TCW177 with Diamond Glimmer mist but it is not visible in these photos.  I used some white sparkle rick rack trim, black and white ribbon, and white iridescent ribbon.  The butterflies are from Cheery Lynn Designs "Exotic Butterflies" die.  The tiny spiky flowers were made with my Cheery Lynn Designs die called Build a Flower.  The small glittered medallions were cut with the Spellbinder die called Majestic elements.  The vines, small birdhouse and tiny bird were cut with Marianne Creatables die.
The embossing folders I used for the two background rectangles were Cuttlebug "Goochie Script" and Couture Collections "Adagio".  Thank you everyone for looking!  Have a great day.




No comments:

Post a Comment