Sunday 31 March 2013

our very own cabbage patch dolls

Hi Everyone, hope you all had a very Happy Easter and were able to spend lots of time with friends and family.  We had a holiday today, and since I only work 3 days a week, I ended up with a 5 day weekend!  Couldn't be happier!
As I had quite a bit of time, I have spent quite a few hours in my craft room.  I am posting a few photos of my latest scrapbook page.
I bought a clown cabbage patch doll in approximately 1986, 1987 in anticipation of maybe having a daughter one day.  Having a daughter was never meant to be, so I saved the doll and after my granddaughters came along, I knew she was meant to belong to them.  These photos were taken in September 2012 when Suri was 2 and Gabby (bottom left) was 3.  Their faces were so tiny that they were able to wear the clown mask from the doll.  Thanks for looking!






The products that I used:
The paper was from Merci "Carnival" paperpack that I purchased at Big W.  I only used one of the patterns (it came with two pages of each and I used both pages - one page used to cut out the stars and the tents at the bottom of the page so that I could pop them up off of the page)  I used my cricut to cut out the circular frame, the octagonal frame, and the Carnival tent frame.  I used the Paper Doll Dress up Cricut Cartridge to cut the carnival tent out of cream colored cardstock.  I cut two tents, the second one out of patterned paper called Be Inspired - from making memories.  The curtains and the scalloped ruffle on the tent were cut away from the patterned  paper die cut and glued on to the cream colored tent die cut.  I fussy cut the stars from one of the papers from the pack, glued them to chipboard and put them on pop dots.  I also fussy cut red paper to add to the flag on the tent.  I used my sizzix alphabet dies to cut the title out of red cardstock.  I used Tim Holtz brushed corduroy distress ink around the edges of the die cuts.  If you have any questions, please let me know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment