Saturday 10 November 2012

Happy Birthday Card For Mom


This is a Birthday card that I made for my mother for her birthday in December.  I was inspired by the beautiful card that Aly Dosdal Designed here:  http://scrapbookandcardstodaymag.typepad.com/scrapbook_cards_today_blo/2012/09/chevron-tutorial-with-aly-dosdalland-one-more.html 
She also includes a pdf file for the paper bow that you can download.

The card base is approximately 5 1/4 by 7 7/8".  The papers that I used were from DCWV "The Linen Closet Stack".  I also used My Minds Eye Hazel "Special" Dotty Damask Paper because the paper from the Linen Closet Stack is not double sided and I needed a doubled sided paper for the Chevron Design.  I also used a scrap of beige ribbon on the card.

The label is from Die-namics called Polka Dot Greetings - it includes the label die and three different stamps that stamp a pattern on the die cut and 3 different greetings.  I love their die/stamp sets.  Please leave a comment and let me know what you think.  Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment